All applicants must be eligible to work in Australia.
TEACHING POSITION – PRIMARY SCHOOL MUSIC COORDINATOR
Commencing Term 1, 2018
St Andrews Christian College (Prep – Year 12), located in Wantirna South, Melbourne, is seeking a suitably qualified music teacher for the role of Primary School Music Coordinator for our growing school in 2018.
We are seeking a dynamic music educator to inspire and enthuse our students, through innovative curriculum and inspirational teaching practices. We want a passionate music teacher committed to impacting young lives for Christ by providing an excellent education and diverse music experience.
The teaching position entails the following tasks:
- Grow and develop the primary school music department
- Teach primary school classroom music lessons and develop the required curriculum
- Oversee and develop the Year 5 band program
- Facilitate the expansion of the extracurricular music program
- Train and equip students for music performance opportunities
- Coordinate the instrumental music tutors
- Co-leadership, with other performing arts leaders, of College musicals, camps and other music performances
For a full position description, click here
Applications should include:
- A covering letter
- Outline suitability for the position according to the Key Selection Criteria
- Completed Application Form
- Current CV
- Evidence of VIT Registration
Applications to be received by close of business, Monday 4th September, 2017
Awards and National Employment Standards
St Andrews Christian College employs all staff and sets wages and conditions which are at least compliant with the relevant awards and the national Employment Standards (NES). Staff wishing to access the documents related to awards and NES can do so in the following manner:
- The NES can be accessed on the Fair Work Australia website on www.fwa.gov.au
- The Educational Services (Teachers) Award 2010 – click this link
The College determines its own salary levels and does not use those listed in the Educational Services (Teachers) Award.
- The Educational Services (Schools) General Staff Award 2010 – click this link