All applicants must be eligible to work in Australia.
– JUNIOR/ MIDDLE SCHOOL MUSIC TEACHER
Commencing Term 3, 2017
Full-time, 6 month position (potential for ongoing employment)
Want to belong to a dynamic team, committed to impacting young lives for Christ in the context of providing an excellent education?
St Andrews Christian College (Prep – Year 12), located in Wantirna South, Melbourne, is seeking a committed and suitably qualified Junior/Middle School Music teacher for our growing school in 2017.
The teaching position entails the following tasks:
- Growing and developing the Junior and Middle school Music Department
- Developing and teaching general classroom music programs from Prep to Year 8 classes (Junior School and Middle School).
- Overseeing and developing the Grade 5 band program
- Facilitating the expansion of the extracurricular music program that includes running various ensembles, bands and choirs.
- Co-ordinating the instrumental music lessons and timetables at the school.
- Co-leadership with other performing arts leaders for school musicals, camps and other performance occasions.
For a full position description, click here
Applications should include:
- A covering letter
- Outline suitability for the position according to the Key Selection Criteria
- Completed Application Form
- Current CV
- Evidence of VIT Registration
Applications close Sunday 9th July, 2017
Awards and National Employment Standards
St Andrews Christian College employs all staff and sets wages and conditions which are at least compliant with the relevant awards and the national Employment Standards (NES). Staff wishing to access the documents related to awards and NES can do so in the following manner:
- The NES can be accessed on the Fair Work Australia website on www.fwa.gov.au
- The Educational Services (Teachers) Award 2010 – click this link
The College determines its own salary levels and does not use those listed in the Educational Services (Teachers) Award.
- The Educational Services (Schools) General Staff Award 2010 – click this link